What are the major attributes of good OBU Registered Mentor?
The Oxford Brookes University (OBU) has defined some important attributes / traits a good Mentor should possess. The student needs to look over these and consider them when selecting a Mentor.
Any student that plans to submit a Research and Analysis Project (RAP) to OBU needs to contact and render the services of a OBU Registered Mentor. The OBU Registered Mentor has the role of supporting the student during the preparation of the RAP, providing guidance, advice and feedback to the student where necessary.
The other role the OBU Registered Mentor has is to vouch to OBU that they have been the student’s mentor and the submitted RAP is the student’s personal work. The online RAP submission requires the submission of the Mentor’s registered e-mail address, later the Mentor will be required to confirm that they have in fact been the student’s mentor.
Key attributes of a good OBU Registered Mentor are as follows;
- Is approachable and has genuine interest in helping students to succeed;
- Listens and actively questions;
- Respects confidentiality and is trustworthy;
- Acts as a sounding board to explore ideas and issues arising from researchProvides positive and constructive feedback on research being carried out;
- Challenges and discusses effective communication;
- Offers support and encouragement;
- Helps the student meet their objectives;
- Helps the student ask the right questions, to think systematically, to learn to apply appropriate evaluation techniques and to analyse and interpret the findings;
- Remains neutral and not judgmental;
- Provides subtle guidance but ensures student makes the decisions; and
- Is knowledgeable and competent.
Click here for detail about complete guidance of RAP.
- Our Services
- Overview of each topic
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- BSC Degree (ACCA Web Link)
- Role of Project Mentor
- RAP Submission Dates
- OBU Rules and Regulations
- OBU Website
- RAP Submission Link
Click here to access Registration Form.