We are providing complete mentoring services to ACCA students so that they become eligible to attain BSc. Hons. degree in applied accounting through our well qualified mentors that have vast teaching and mentoring experience. We assign mentors to engaged students (mentees) according to their expertise in specific topic so that mentee will able to get high quality mentoring that ultimately impact on their grades.
As per guidelines under Section 6 of Information Pack, mentee need to arrange three mandatory meetings and scope and agenda of all these meeting is clearly defined in Section 6.2b of Information Pack. “VM’ approach towards all these three mandatory meetings is clearly defined below:
Phase 1 – Planning (1st Meeting)
– Provide proper understanding to mentees about role of mentor throughout RAP and make them clear to keep expectations from mentor as allowed by OBU.
– Guidance about our overall mentoring approach and resolve specific queries/confusions of mentees at inception stage.
– Clarification on all terms and conditions that actually agreed by mentees before formal arrangement with us (if required)
– Guidance in appropriate selection of topic for RAP
– Guidance in appropriate selection of company for RAP
– Guidance on overall aims and objective along with research questions of RAP
– Guidance on overall approach towards completions of various tasks
– Guidance on various sources of information available to mentees
– Guidance on significance of usage of primary and secondary sources of information.
– Guidance on possible limitations that mentees may face during preparation of RAP and guide them properly for effective resolution of such issues.
– Guidance on possible ethical issues that mentees may face during preparation of RAP and guide them properly for effective resolution of such issues.
– Guidance on proper application of various Accounting and Business models specific to selected topic and company.
– Guidance on Harvard Referencing Method
– Guidance on overall word counts of RAP (Overall as well as major sections and sub section levels)
– Guidance to get highest grades in RAP through meeting desired requirement of OBU as mentioned in Information Pack.
– Ask various questions from mentees to become aware about their level of understanding in different areas of RAP. This activity will enable them to think out of the box rather just focus to meet mandatory requirements of OBU.
– Give access to mentee to our archive section so that they download some useful general material relevant (if desired).
– Share experience with mentees to become aware off about possible constraints along with guidance to mitigate them.
– Agree way forward with mentees and also finalize tentative dates of 2nd and 3rd meeting.
Phase 2 – Execution (2nd Meeting)
– Get feedback from mentee about their performed work (till meeting date).
– Provide platform to mentee to explain their work/ approach (till meeting date) and answers various queries of mentor. This activity will help mentees to demonstrate interpersonal and communication skills in effective manners.
– Ask various questions from mentees to understand their level of understanding in different areas of RAP and provide on spot feedback . This activity will enable them to think out of the box rather just focus to meet mandatory requirements of OBU.
– Guidance to mentees on their performed work (till meeting date) and provide on spot feedback and guide them for effective resolution of all identified issues.
– Provide specific guidance to mentees in their weak areas through providing practical examples.
– Guide mentees about Presentation and SLS.
– Analyzing mentee’s work in both technical and non technical aspects and provide various improvement ideas.
– Guidance to mentees on overall formatting aspects of the project (as IT is one of the major assessment criteria of OBU)
– Agree way forward with mentees to ensure that they understand all aspects of guidance in 2nd meeting in proper manners.
Phase 3 – Finalization (3rd Meeting)
– Guide mentees (before 3rd meeting) about how can they give effective presentation to get maximum benefits.
– Give mentee a platform through giving presentation so he/she can demonstrate his/her interpersonal and communication skills as desired by OBU through RAP.
– Provide medium to mentee to give presentation to mentor.
– Ask various questions from mentees to become aware about their level of understanding in different areas of RAP. This activity will enable them to think out of the box and it really helps them to improve RAP.
– Provide feedback to mentees on their performed work (till meeting date) and provide proper guidance to overcome all issues.
– Provide clarifications to mentee on any specific query/confusion/issue.
– Give go ahead to mentee for submission of project after resolutions of all of our identified issues that actually provide throughout the mentoring process.
– Guide mentees for submission of project on online portal of OBU. (http://www.obusubmissions.co.uk/ )
– Confirm OBU , after submission of project that the submitted work of mentee is his/her own original work and mentee had carried out three mandatory meetings with mentor as required.
Click here to access Registration Form.
Consult our LinkedIn profile Click here to check recommendations of our old students.